Spiders in Our World: This scared the s--t out of me!



I've never seen a spider with biceps before.
I had planned to go to the zoo, but it looked like rain and no one wanted to go to help with the photo shoot. Instead I decided to check my back yard for new photo ops. Now, I wish I hadn't. This spider was so bad-ass that, while I was trying to take some snapshots, it ate another spider right in front of me (link to blurry photos here.) I include the wider shot in the futile hope of providing some sense of the size of this guy. At first I was afraid to get too close, then I realized that this spider was so powerful he probably wouldn't even waste his time biting a human. He just didn't even care. Click to enlarge, if you dare.

5 comments:

MikeAnimal said...

Damn, what a badass spider! That spider is gnarly.

Anonymous said...

Ben Fausto suggests a black-and-yellow agriope, meyhap.

Kyle said...

*gasp*

The Chu said...

Holy Sh#t!! That is an amazing spider. While I commend you for your bravery in capturing this beast on digital film-- you gotta move. Abandon your house now! Leave, run, go now! Though I align myself with the spiders, they don't give a shite about us, as you noted in your post. I fear this bad dude might eat you in the middle of the night.

MJB said...

Good advice Chuy. I left a few days ago. When I came back to pick up some of my stuff I saw that the Spider had eaten three squatters who had moved in. Close call!