If these are friends you met on your chi-town trip I believe they are 17-year Cicadas: Brood XIII. This brood's distribution is illustrated in the above link. Crazy that these guys spend 17 years underground and come up when they can legally procure pornography only to be eaten by birds and you.
Welcome to my new photo blog! I am hoping to use this outlet to explore a side of myself that many of you may not be familiar with. I am an AMATEUR NATURALIST. In the last few years I have come across many different fascinating animal species and taken some compelling photos. Please let me share my experiences with you.
4 comments:
You are, like, totally gross.
http://www.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=cicada.htm&url=http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/~biodiv/Cicada_Project/brood13dis.html
If these are friends you met on your chi-town trip I believe they are 17-year Cicadas: Brood XIII. This brood's distribution is illustrated in the above link. Crazy that these guys spend 17 years underground and come up when they can legally procure pornography only to be eaten by birds and you.
A fantastic discovery! BROOD XIII!
You know some Native American tribes used to eat them. I bet they're pretty good salted!
Post a Comment